Information for Schools
This page is here to help schools register and engage with the City of Birmingham Children's University (CBCU).
How do I engage my school with CBCU™?
1. The first step is to register your school. Use the Schools Registration Document. This registers your school for twelve months from the date of registration. There is a Service Level Agreement for schools which outlines the relationship between the school and CBCU™. You need to sign and return one copy of the SLA with the School Registration document. Pay your subscription by indicating preferred method of payment on the School Registration document. Our Scale of Charges is on the web site.
2. Choose which current out of hour’s school activities you would like validated. The document Creating CU™ Modules of Learning provides detailed advice and guidance. There needs to be an educational rather than recreational focus and evidence of four key components, Skills, Experiences, Attitudes, Ways of Learning. Contact CBCU™ to come to your school to provide advice and guidance and give initial validation so your hours of learning can start with no delay.
4. Promote Learning Destinations to your pupils. The Visa section at the back of the passport can be stamped to acknowledge a visit to the registered Learning Destination. They are all listed on the web site. Increasingly Learning Destinations will offer validated hours of learning so look for the chance to endorse and promote this way of increasing the chances for your pupils to engage in validated learning out of school.
5. Provide your registered pupils with instructions about how to log in via the secure web site to access validated e learning modules. These are designed to be completed by pupils independently and are available 24/7. The hours assigned to each e learning module is credited to the pupils learning hours automatically once completed.
6. Use your own secure log in facilities to access all the CBCU™ validated learning modules so you can find easy ways of expanding CBCU™ validated modules to expand and broaden your range of out of school activities.Graham Speller, Lead Officer, (CBCU)
- View & Download Service Level Agreement
- Apply online using our Schools Registration Form
- Apply online using our Passport Order Form
Read the information below to find out more about CBCU in your school.
- Volunteering scheme, the pilot project
- CBCU Management Group
- Scale of Charges
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- A Parent’s View
- Future Developments
- How Schools Can Engage
- Service Level Agreement (pdf)
- See You - CU Annual 2010
- Our Success so Far
- Why Schools engage